الاثنين، 23 يناير 2012

New Year's resolution!


At the beginning of every year I keep hearing people saying “a new year a new me”, honestly I believe they’re overestimating their will power and giving themselves one more reason to increase their stress level over the next few weeks which is how long a new year’s resolution lasts! I believe that we don’t need a new year to come to try and improve ourselves, everyday is a chance to change and become a better person because it’s never too late nor too early to improve, something that I’ve learned from reading Tuesday’s with Morrie.
 From my personal point of view, there’s no such thing as a new year’s resolution, people convince themselves at the beginning of each year that they will accomplish a certain goal but it’s only a matter of weeks before they forget all about it. In fact I do believe that with every year it gives us a chance to reflect on the mistakes of our past and do our best to avoid them in the future.
2011 may not have been the best year, in fact it has shown us that it is one of the worst years we’ve all been through, but as I said bad experiences is only a chance to learn and improve so I think that this past year was a good lesson for everyone but 2012 is a new start, a new chance to learn and an opportunity to achieve new personal milestones! Honestly, when our teacher informed us about this assignment, I started listing the things that I would like to improve and change, things that I’d like to see from other people. I thought about many things that I’d like to do, but since I’m not a big fan of New Year’s resolutions, I could start with baby steps, I thought I could at least make one change and stick to it, I think smiling more is absolutely necessary and easy to achieve :D

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق